Thursday, December 10, 2020

Monday, 19 October 2020: Hartung


The Packers lost yesterday.  How will Aaron Rogers ever be the GOAT if they don't pull it together?  
 I bought a Jordie Nelson jersey not too long ago and wore it for the game yesterday.  Will I ever be able to wear it again?

We harvested squash this week and oh my goodness did we have squash.  We've eaten maybe three of then already but since the temps have been getting down to freezing, the plants are dying and it was time to pull in the veggies.  We had quite a bumper crop so I guess I better start cooking.  First recipe was a roasted butternut squash chowder.  I really like the texture of a chowder; Justin prefers the smooth consistency of a bisque-like soup.  thank goodness for an immersion blender.






 
The house went on the market late Monday and we had our first showing on Wednesday.  Cindy hosted an Open House on Saturday and showing continued.  We've had a couple of folks come back for second visits so that's good.  We set the price significantly higher than Cindy recommended and that might be slowing things down.  While we don't NEED to sell, ... well, welcome to my rollercoaster.  I change my mind at least ten times each day.  
Of course, Justin and I have to pick up everything and vacate for each of these showings.  Thankfully we have had a few hours notice for all the visitors. 


We learned this week that United's route from Houston to Merida has been suspended.  AARGH!!  I called to see what our options were and we settled on a flight from Green Bay to Chicago and then Chicago into Cancun.  That leaves us still five hours from Celestun.  We will certainly rent a car rather than take a bus!  Not ideal, but ...

Temps are dropping.  Sometimes I think I'd be ok staying here for the winter.  I think it might be just for the novelty and then I think that novelty might wear off real, real quick.  

Ballots!!!  Our ballot arrived on Saturday.  Time to vote!




No comments:

Post a Comment