Friday, November 22, 2019

Sunday, 13 October 2019: Casa Colibri

Justin really likes the drive out of Puebla in the mountains; today’s drive is my favorite part of the journey since we are back on the beach.  The views of the water warm my soul.



 We had an interesting experience on the road today.  Somewhere out of Ciudad del Carmen at an established checkpoint, we were stopped and asked to pull over.  The Federales asked for our passports which meant I needed to get them out of the back.  After we showed our paperwork, the guard questioned our dog.  He said no dogs were allowed in all of Mexico!  WTF!  If I was torqued yesterday when that guy jumped in Jordan’s stuff... don’t you just know how I felt when someone asked questions about my dog!!!  Justin reached down and some pretty good Spanish came out to explain that of course dogs were allowed and that we’d done it four times before.  He finally waved us on after we said we were headed to Celestun.  And all I could say was again, WTF!





We pulled into Celestun at 2:28 pm. The odometer read 44,640.  We have arrived safe and sound thankfully.  We stopped at Peter’s to say hey and found not only Peter but the whole gang!  Peter, Kari, Grelty, Shayla, Rebecca and of course, Abraham were there to greet us.  Justin and Peter shared a beer and I had OJ while we all chatted and shared lots and lots of smiles.  We had to hurry since it was time for Abraham to go to Tetiz for his day off and, admittedly, Justin and I were eager to see the house.  When we arrived home, Jonathan was there to greet us too.  


Justin drove Abraham to the bus while I cleaned up the beer I’d dropped on the floor (yes, really).  Upon his return we began to unload the car.  Remember that Justin stashes our treasures in, under, and around every possible storage space.  With that task complete, we headed to the beach.  Justin was eager for a swim and I just wanted to feel the sand between my toes.  





Looking toward the north, our deserted beach hadn't changed much, but looking to the south, a rather large home is under construction.  Word on the street is that it is for three families but it looks more like a hotel.






We decided in was time for a celebratory meal: welcome home to Celestun and happy Canadian Thanksgiving.  We went to Los Palamos for stuffed avocado and stone crab before we went to the ice cream store for dessert.  Back home we fell into bed and it was barely 9 pm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment