Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Tuesday, 4 June 2019: Green Bay

We went to Packer practice today --actually it was OTA -- Optional Team Activities.  Justin was ahead of me as we were crossing the street and got to see new head coach Matt LaFleur up close and personally.  He was in a gold cart since he just had emergency surgery from an Achilles heel mishap that happened when he was playing basketball.  It is fun to get to see some of the new players.  Jason Stonebarger, from Texas A&M is going to be one of my new guys.  

After practice we had lunch at T Bacon’s BBQ.  Yes, there are at least two BBQ places here.  this one had at least eight different sauces so I was able to find one with just the right amount of kick.  No way this would ever pass for Texas BBQ but it was just fine for today's lunch.

Gemma is better.  She gave us quite a scare last week.  She is eleven (this month) and she has slowed down only marginally.  She was in such pain and that is just aweful when you cant do anything to help her.  














Our shower is turning pink!!  I know it is from the iron in our water but I don’t want a pink shower and I sure don’t want to leave it and then it is just brown and “rusty.”  I can wash the shower curtain and I can always buy a new one but, what to do with the shower?  I remember that I got very specific instructions on how to clean the Tundraland shower when it was installed last summer but, honestly, I had to call then to get the reminder.  I found the coolest product last year, Whink, to get out rust stains but the question is whether or not I can use it on my fancy shower.  So I called, they said use a 50/50 Dawn/ water solution and if that doesn’t work use 50/50 bleach.  Do Not use the Whink!  Drat.  Here we go...

Thankfully, the Dawn worked perfectly with just a little elbow grease.  Now, on to the next chore ... cookie sheets with all the baked on gunk.  This year I am trying oven cleaner.  They don’t recommend it as they sat it might pit the aluminum.  Wouldn’t I rather have pitted than dirty?  Well, I am giving it a try.  


We watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof yesterday so we are into National Velvet today.  Secretariat and War Horse are next. So Elizabeth Taylor to horses.  How did we end up on this horse theme -- I couldn't tell you.


How lucky I was never to have had student loans.  Sure I took out loans from Navy Federal Credit Union to pay tuition in grad school and I never got a break on my taxes since my salary bracket was what it was ... but too many kids owe thousands and thousands forever.  



Abraham sent pics from Casa Colibri.  Sacmoch (Mochi) seems to be enjoying looking at a blooming flower.  I do miss Mochi!  And our wheel barrow looks great too.






No comments:

Post a Comment