Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Tuesday, 21 May 2019: Green Bay


We went into Green Bay today to go to OTAs -- Organized Team Activities.  Three of these off-season training sessions are open to the public and Justin and I wanted to go see what some of the new draft selections look like.  It is always fun to be part of the hub-bub.  This town is nuts about The Paclers and I guess I am drinking the Kool-Aid.  

Thankfully I know something about football so I can carry my end of a conversation and I'll not forget my roots -- we went out for BBQ after.  Where else but a place called "Joe’s Texas BBQ."  Now, don't think for a moment this BBQ was anything like Joe's in Alvin or the fabulous religious experience one has in Luling at City Market, but this was pretty good.  I'd go back there in a moment!















On a more dire front, we've had winds for three days straight right out of the northwest.  Many, many of our trees have raw roots exposed.  We lost four basswoods and aspens.  More to come?
At the spot where we sat in our chairs, just a week or so ago with Jordan and Kris and the kids, we’ve lost at least three feet of land.  We can no longer have ourselves or our grandkids that close to the drop off!  
The waves were up so much that they pushed back the barn door on the boat house.  The debris line is well inside the boathouse. I don't even want to think about how much water sloshed through there. 

Tie back on south end leans out farther and farther.  The large willow is still secure, but for how long?  
We will lose our garden; it hardly seems worthwhile to do anything there this year -- except pray.  Either it will fall in or heavy machinery will tread through everything when we place stones or concrete there to try to save it!  Oh, my goodness... what is a girl to do?



How much land have Don and Amy lost?


Exposed roots and downed trees

No comments:

Post a Comment