Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Thursday, 11 June 2020: on the phone

Today was insurance day.  Yesterday I got a letter from Bellin Health letting me know that my insurance had declined payment because "patient could not be found."  I knew I needed to call my health insurance to settle this matter.  Also, we had a hail storm in Texas a couple of weeks ago and our house there has hail damage.  I knew I needed to call those insurance folks to see about a new roof.  

However, the remnant of storm Cristobal have been causing high winds here in Wisconsin for the past two days.  (Yes, this is the same storm that cause high water in Celestun just last week.  Thankfully everyone and everything there is fine.)  High winds mean high water and waves pounding along our shore.  Our boathouse took the brunt of the storm here.  The wall closest to the water was knocked in by pieces of the breakwall that broke loose.  I am just sick looking at it.  I called the insurance folks... in hopes.  I still couldn't get out there to take adequate pictures as the waves are still too rough.  What a mess.  








On a more positive note, Jason, Amy and their kids came over for sunset.  Yes, we were all socially distant, but it was a nice visit nonetheless.  











Kris met with her doctors on Tuesday.  Seems as if we now have more questions than answers.  



Meanwhile, the United States is suffering the the worst civil unrest since 1968, the worst economic times since Great Depression and the largest health crisis since 1918.  I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment