Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Saturday, 13 June 2020: By the Bay

I was finally able to take pictures in the boathouse.  Didn't really matter because, as we suspected, insurance doesn't cover any of the damage.  We had to try though right?
















Erich and his kids came to town! 

Erich and his kids came to town to visit so Justin and I turned the house over to them while we camped out at Hartung.  We have a bed there so we were fine.  We started working on the kitchen — prepping the ceiling for painting, cabinets, etc.   --  the list is endless.

We joined Erich along with Jordan and his family for a bonfire.  The weather was perfect for just hanging out by the water.  Jimmy Buffet has a line about the best parties at my house and I wasn’t there.  This was sort of like that for me in that I didn’t go in the house.  I was there but it wasn’t my house.  Strange, but wise to not let our guard down with regard to covid 19.  

Kris has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  After the initial scare the information seemed promising in that the cancer was confined to the ducts and one side.  They thought she could be treated with radiation and hormone therapy.  Now, after multiple MRIs, ultrasounds and biopsies, it is on both sides, it may be in her lymph nodes and she’s probably had it for up to two years.  Today she waits for results from biopsies.  Prayers are going her way. 


 Cheese curds and burgers from the Dyckesville Bowl!!! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment