Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Sunday, 28 June 2020: By the Bay


Today was a perfect day.  Everything was in balance.

Justin and I hung out in bed in the morning; he read to me while I worked on a jigsaw puzzle on my ipad.  We took time for another cup of coffee and just hanging out before we began our day.  
 
We had salmon and cream cheese with capers and onions on toast for breakfast -- even without champagne it was perfect.   We watched a little tv while we were enjoying our repast.  Jordan called to say they'd be dropping anchor off our shoreline for a swim.  They were here very soon so we headed outside to visit.  The water is still too cold for me -- but the sun was nice and warm.  

Since it was early afternoon, I decided to imbibe.  I've renamed my blackberry concoction to "Blackberry Beret."  Like the Prince song Raspberry Beret, my beverage makes me smile and often I feel the need to dance.  Little alcohol, little sunshine... yep, I could dance.  I did take time to water plants and I messed with the leaf blower to wrangle some of the cotton from the dang cottonwood tree into the trash.  I am just tired of looking at all that mess.  I also fixed the screen door since the screen got knocked out when the kids were here last week. 
 
Somewhere in the course of the afternoon I made wasabi potato salad and put pork chops into marinade for dinner.  Jason came over with Ashton and Parker for a nice long visit.  Just a bit before sunset Justin and I came inside and decided we'd go with the leftover pulled pork and slaw rather than grill the porkchops.  Hey, dinner is almost ready for tomorrow.  We ended our evening with a bit more tv.  We are watching Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton as well as Modern Love (based on essays from the New York Times).  Yes, we are continuing our way through Netflix. 
 
So, a bit of a lazy morning followed by two sets of visitors, a bit of alcohol, a bit of sunshine, a bit of work, a bit of cooking, a bit of TV.  All in all it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment