Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Monday, 3 February 2020: Casa Colibri


Back to Merida but at least now the purpose is for something exciting — our trip to Cuba.  
The weekend was nice basically because we were at home.   I do so enjoy days when I dont even leave my house!

Party at Sandra’s on Saturday evening.  I hadn’t danced that much in a long, long time.  Last year Dellene and Steve were here at this time.  Somehow this year the whole scene made more sense.  








Lolita and her team were back on Sunday.  They are still working on the roof sealant.  
There was a dog ruckus before coffee. Congo belongs to Jorge across the street.  Before today I would have told you that Congo knew how to get into our yard but didn't know how to get out to go back home.  After he met Max this morning, somehow, he found his way home.  There was a little blood; Congo might not come back so soon.  At one point I threw a conch shell and connected with Max right in his jaw.  He didn't slow down.  Abraham finally got them separated.  This wasn't 
a good way to start the day.  Maybe we aren’t pet friendly???

We took Robin and Evan on a field trip.  There are a whole handful of places in town I'd never have known about if someone hadn't showed me  -- so I figured I'd show them too.   We missed cochinita pubil, a Sunday delicacy, so I made a Chinese eggplant dish for lunch.  Robin made vegetable soup for dinner. With bread from Peters that was yummy.

So this morning we headed into Merida to find that it was Constitution Day.  The immigrations office was closed.  Drat and double drat.  We ran another dozen errands and we had lunch at La Cubanita and talked to the owners about where they were from and where we should go to visit.  I need to worry about visas too.



Robin and Evan went to Merida too.  They made a Costco run so they are settling in just fine.  I told Robin I was so very proud of her... she's jumped in with Pilates... she's not intimidated by Mexican butter... she is trying new foods as she is being cautious... they are exploring and they are resting.  All in all, the making of a great vacation in my book.   
Since all four of us were away from the house and it was Abraham's day off, I asked Jonathan to check on the house.  Just in case.  You gotta love google translate.  The literal translation of his response was "of course.  If there is a house, everything's fine."  Now I can worry.  

The caucus was chaotic.  Haven’t we all learned not to try an app for the first time when it really matters?  We still don’t know the result. Poor Iowa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment