Monday, September 16, 2019

Wednesday, 14 August 2019: Brussels


Shane and Chris, my two new best friends, were back at it pretty early this morning.  The major task for the last two days has been the ramp leading down to the water.  This area will be lined with huge concrete blocks with natural stones placed around and over.  But first, we must clear a space.  At one point when Shane scooped a bucket of rocks excavating for the placement of the concrete stones, Justin commented that it would have taken him two days to move that much rock.  I added that it also would have taken two months to recover.  And that, my friends, is exactly why we are having Grant come back tomorrow.  He can work all day for $15 or even $20 an hour and get more done in one day than Justin and I together could get done until it is time to leave.  I hope somewhere getting our yard back in order is on the list of concerns.  

These concrete stones are 2x2x6 -- huge!



This is how much stone is throughout our entire 
yard -- just under the surface of soil.


We went to Waterfront Mary’s in Sturgeon Bay for dinner last night and I was disappointed.  Justin had a burger while I took advantage of Taco Tuesday.  The food was only ok and the service was lacking.  It was too cold for me to sit outside so even the view was lacking. Tonight, despite being outside in the thick of it most of the day, I thawed out some shrimp and made tourkilimano — it was delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment