Sunday, April 22, 2018

Tuesday, 3 April 2018: on board the “Flipped Out” on Lake Arthur, LA


The nice lady at Myers RV Park prepared sausage and boudin for our breakfast.

The guys had beer the evening previously; I wanted wine.  When I looked around the shelves I didn't see any wine so I asked.  The clerk responded with pride that they had Boone's Farm as she pointed to the cooler.  Did she really say "Boone's Farm"?  Now, I haven’t had that since high school and even then I knew it was crap.  I settled for a blackberry merlot.  I was sure it was a good vintage since I paid $8.50. Oh lord what was I thinking.  I was grape juice delux.  I managed to suffer through a glass but that was it.  (I did doctor up a sangria-like concoction a few days later that was a bit more to my liking.) 

  
We talked to a lady from New Iberia. She was quick to warn us to be careful with the dogs.  She put her dog in a crate when she went fishing.  She said that the alligators were plentiful in this area that was near a preserve; she regularly saw dozens and they’d hop right up on the boat to help themselves to a tasty little canine morsel.
We docked at Morgan Shell Landing asking about the next marina.  The guys said we could dock there ($25, electricity and showers included) so we settled in for the evening.  We are getting our routine down so as not to have as much trouble with mosquitoes but we have to be careful.  (I was glad I ordered Avon's Skin so Soft when I was in Alvin.  Stephen said it was good not only to deter mosquitoes but also for the wood on the boat.  At least it made things smell better.)  Justin and I were even able to enjoy a few episodes of a show on Netflix before turning in this evening.  








No comments:

Post a Comment