Thursday, August 31, 2017

Sunday, 28 May 2017: Brussels

Today we celebrated Jordan's Birthday.  We all met at Brussel's Countryside Diner for breakfast.  Better known as "April's," Justin and I are rather frequent guests.  This is the home of the original hashbrown sandwich.  April knows just how I like to order mine.  I like "the original" but with no sausage.   Sautéed onions, green peppers, mushrooms and ham are topped with an egg (I like mine over easy) and tucked into a shell of crispy hashbrowns.  There are three sizes, mini, half and full ... I order the mini and I still can't finish that.  April opens at five to serve the farmers as they are heading to work.  By the time we roll in about 10:30 or eleven, her day is almost over.  She has a pretty darn good fish fry on Friday night too!  Guy Fieri is set to come in July and I am not sure whether April's will fall into the diner, the drive-in or the dive category.   


Justin and I worked in the yard until sunset.  We observed our ritual where we stop and enjoy that time of day no matter what else we have going.  Dinner of filets from Marchant's sure does have this weekend lined up as a near-perfect three-day weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment