Monday, June 13, 2022

Wednesday, 20 April 2022: Brenham

Each day, the storage unit calls...today it is calling, but I have selective hearing.  We are heading to Brenham to have lunch with Jim and Betty Journey.  Not only do we get to see our longtime friends, but we will also get to have Texas BBQ for the first time in forever.  

The first stop of the day was the DoT in Austin to sort out our toll tag.  They changed their software during the pandemic and didn’t tell anyone (hmmm). I can’t log in to check on my account.  I have it on autopay but I probably need to make sure the credit card hasn’t expired.  Oh, wait!  We changed the license plates on the car!  Does that matter?  Do you read it from the license plate or from the transponder in the windshield. (Guess I better check the Ipass transponder too!). 

The hour and a half drive to Brenham was easy and the bluebonnets were great.  There just aren't as many as I remember from my childhood and as young adulthood, but that's the way things go.  Our lunch was great; the company and the laughs were spectacular.  And dang it, I didn't take one picture.  Jim and Betty look just as they did twenty years ago... none of us has aged at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment