Monday, February 14, 2022

Saturday, 22 January 2022: Boston’s in Merida

Today is Lisa’s birthday.  If we met is second grade, that means I have been honoring this day for about 57 years!!! I might need to let that sink in.

Materials were delivered yesterday and this morning Albanil (stone mason) Santos got busy building the base where the tanaco will rest on the roof.  Ivan will install the new solar hot water heater as the next step.  With construction underway, we set off to Merida to meet with Sergio to select granite for the bathroom in the owners quarters and in the family suite...our next improvement projects.  








   



My next project, and I hope it will count as improvement, I’ve decided if Katherine and Monica can paint, so can I.  Mine may be more of a copy, paint by numbers deal, but I think I can do this.  I stopped at a local art supply store to buy paint, brushes, a pallets and some pallet knives.  I have identified a few subjects and potential locations in our house...here we go.  (Please don’t let me mess this up.)


After check in at our hotel, Justin could get back to the real business of our trip to Merida: football.  He watched most of the first game in our hotel room and then surprise, surprise, we headed to Boston for the packers game vs. 49er’s in the divisional round.  

Lambeau Field at kickoff it was 13’; they said it felt like 2’.   The temp dropped a bit during the game and there were even a few flurries.  It was nice and warm here in Merida.  


“When it is so cold outside that you can’t feel your fingers or toes, that’s when you find out who really wants to play football.”  Packer linebacker DeVondre Campbell



Jordan and Erich were at the game to witness first hand, the absolute meltdown of the Packers special teams unit and the excelling of the 49ers comparable group.  It was so sad...so sad.  So now, just like that...one and done...football season is over for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment