Monday, November 15, 2021

Tuesday, 5 October 2021: Green Bay

Haiku for the day:

Falling leaves; crisp air

Warm waters of the gulf await

Celestun calls me

This morning when I was outside with Gemma the nip in the air was apparent.  The leaves are changing and it is time to go.

Tuesday means small plates at Chefusion.  The local restaurant is one of our favorites in Green Bay and I wanted to go one more time before we leave town. Our meal was disappointing in general but we move on.  I was bummed.  My expectations for eating out are that someone does something differently than I do or better than I do and excellent service.  Justin loves to eat out, thankfully and I do enjoy cooking.  And, as Dellene taught me years ago, eating out is not always the answer.  Sometimes bar food is ok and Green Bay has a lot of that. We had talked about going to Chives one more time but it just inset going to happen before we fly.  

Around the world the glitches in supply chains promise to bring more challenges.  We are thinking about buying a chest freezer for the basement. Maybe Rick could buy it on Black Friday and have it delivered.  We are also looking at sheds. Goodness knows we need to replace the one we have!  

We’ve lost our mojo for being in Celestun all winter, every winter.  The call to sail especially for Justin and wanderlust for travel for both of us is winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment