Sunday, September 6, 2020

Friday, 14 August 2020: still by the Bay

We are making good progress in getting the yard back together.  It is slow but it is good. 






 

You just gotta love the fresh fruits and vegetables of summer.


These carrots were in a bunch I just icked up from Farmer's Market.  I'd never seen anything like this!





Our next door neighbor, Amy, shared cucumbers.  Our squash at Hartung is going like gangbusters.  I fished out my recipe for Calico squasherole and I’ve just about mastered squash curly fries.  Door County cherries are the best for Clafouti.  And the tomatoes.  Oh, the Tomatoes!!!

Cantaloupe is delish.  Watermelon...not so much.  Oh what would I do for a melon from Hempstead!!!

In addition to cooking, I took on a painting project.  I decided I wanted a rotating collection of pictures of the grandkids etc.  I found a bunch of frames at the re-store, painted them all the same and then selected pictures.  All in all it took a week or more for me to get it all done, but I think I'm ok with the result.  One of the frames has a mirror inside.  The next photo is of YOU!


I’m working on a few sewing projects.  I did make a few new masks for Justin and me before I went to Houston.  “Funeral mask” took on a whole new meaning in 2020.  I replaced the elastic in a fitted sheet.  Yes, I really like those sheets.  A new set of sheets costs real money and I spent $4 on elastic.  I sure can say I don’t have time.  I also made a “holster” for the remote control that serves to control our adjustable bed frame.  Now we don’t have to go fishing for it in the middle of the night and we can both have easy access.  


Justin bought a new boat.  This one is a 14' Cape Dory.  It is a rowing/sail boat.  He is SO excited.

Meanwhile, he got a kids boat ready and he was thrilled to have the opportunity to take out Jason's kids.  Jason and Amy came over to finalize our shutters.  That left Ashton, Parker and Makala free to go out for a boat ride.  

We are picking out paint colors for Hartung.  We are getting through the day.

Joe Biden selected Kamala Harris as his running mate.  How long until November?

No comments:

Post a Comment