Saturday, June 13, 2020

Thursday. 28 May 2020: Brussels



Today was Jordan's birthday.  Jordan doesn't really like sweets and he doesn't care much for chocolate.  I've told him I think that is a character flaw but I love him anyway.  I'd found a recipe for a lemon blueberry ricotta pound cake so that was my contribution for his special day.  


The country tries to open.  They are even trying to open in Mexico we've heard.
The political mess has been commanding attention even through the pandemic but now our attention has turned to racial injustice.  George Floyd’s name may well be joining the ranks of Rosa Parks or Rodney King. We were already dismayed to learn of Arbry’s death and now Floyd had been killed by police in Minneapolis.  Riots have broken out all over the county.  

Not a day goes by that I am not truly grateful to be retired.  At the same time, part  of me is almost embarrassed when I think how little my life has been impacted with this pandemic.  Justin and I still do most of the things we typically do.  No, we doesn’t go out to eat or go to farmers market and I’m really ready for cheese curds and a Bloody Mary from the Dyckesville Bowl.  There once was a time when I said I didn’t care if I ever went to another fish fry but I am just about ready for some of April’s fried smelt or wall eye.  But we eat well, we certainly get the medical attention we need; we want for nothing.  I am truly grateful and most appreciative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment