Thursday, May 13, 2021

Sunday, 20 March 2021: kitchen at Hartung

Daylight savings time kicked in on Sunday morning and we didn’t even know it until Monday morning.  Are we retired or what!

I got my second shot on Monday this week and while that was a HUGE accomplishment and cause for celebration, we also had templating for granite!  Now that is huge!  The kitchen was down until Friday when they installed -- or at least they installed part of the stone.  We weren't confident in the brackets to hold the slab so we are waiting for that.  They will come back later to template the window sill too.  Justin needed to buy a longer level and a "stud finder."  I told him I hadn't ever needed a stud finder at all.  






 St Patrick’s day fell in the middle of the week but no bar hopping for us.  We stayed at home where I tried my hand at Corned beef and cabbage.  I was a success and the Rueben sandwiches we had the next day were even better!  







Justin and I have been vacillating on whether one or both of us should go to Celestun once we have our vaccinations.  He needs to stay here and work on boats and gardens and I think he's the one that needs to go.  If the purpose is to check on the property and check in with the peeps in town, he can do that better than me.  It is starting to get hot there.  It would be a short trip... ok, I'll go.  I called the consulate to check on my temporary residency to learn that it was too late anyway.  Once the paperwork is started, one has only six months to get to country to continue the process.  I did the first part in Milwaukee in October when we were planning to travel in November or December.  They aren't making any concession for a pandemic!  So two years ago I did all the paperwork for permanent residency.  Then we decided I should abandon that since permanent residents can't have a car with foreign plates and we still needed to drive.  Now, this year I did all the paperwork to be a temporary resident but travel was not possible due to Covid 19.  Maybe I'll just stay as a tourist!

We woke to snow on Tuesday morning.  I shoveled even though Justin thought it wasn’t necessary. Is it really spring time in Wisconsin?   It got up to 60’ today!  Justin is looking at seed catalogues and making plans.

We found a new show on Netflix "Midnight Diner."  It is a Japanese noodle shop that's open from midnight until 6 or 7 am.  We've only watched three or four episodes; its all with subtitles.  Its funny the words I can pick up here and there.   We need to go back to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment