Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sunday, 31 December 2017: Celestun



Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!  Feliz Anos Nueva!

We started our special day when Carol came over for coffee.  Caro lives about 50 yards down the beach; she is from Toronto. and spends four or five months in Celstun each year.  She has been coming here for about ten years.  Her husband died a couple of years ago and her house is on the market.  She is asking $320,000 and that is too steep for us.  The house has two bedrooms, a pool and a small casita for guests or rental.    Carol hadn't been to Casa Maria recently and it was interesting to hear her take on Maria and her memories.  With a plan to meet at Peter's for breakfast Justin headed for a swim and Carol and I set out for the local fishery and a few other local sites.  She showed me a few spots to buy seafood (I am just not going to find anything larger than tiny cocktail shrimp here in Celestun since they are not local), her favorite local tortilla factory, and the local version of Macy's which is not more than a local market.  

After breakfast, Justin and I ran a few errands in town and then took a break from the hectic day by having a drink on the beach.  I bought  new dress from a vendor on the beach and Justin and I both bought sunglasses.  I do have reason to celebrate, right?  Today is our fourth anniversary!  The first year we were in Paris.  The second year we celebrated with Xavier and Nicole Flores in Kaiserslautern.  Last year we were in South Padre Island and this year, we are in Celestun.  I couldn't be happier!  

We headed to Las Pompanos, our favorite restaurant on the beach in Celestun for dinner celebration.  Justin had rock crab nd I had lobster thermidor.  What a treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment