Friday, July 20, 2018

Tuesday, 17 July 2018: Wisconsin


We left two boats in the water overnight and it was a mistake.  Justin finally had two skiffs ready to launch and we'd gone out for sunset twice.  We’d checked the weather and thought we’d be ok overnight.  He had both boats secure with anchor lines.  Unfortunately, the weather became violent enough to bang a hole in the bottom of the Shell Lake.  We got the MercerCraft out but not before Justin had to own up to Don, our next door neighbor.  He lost some face there. We filled the Shell Lake with stones, left it overnight and hoped to be able to get it up and going again soon.  So, all to early this morning, Justin and I were out in the water salvaging the sad little boat.  Thankfully Justin knows how to rig a block and tackle and we were able to get the simple machine to assist.  We were still fighting the tides, but we overcame.  Both boats out of the water and now it was time to go buy a sewing machine!

Both boats safely back on shore!

















I want to make some new covers for the cushions on the Bayliner and perhaps for the Merlin too.  I'd looked at new machines and after I picked my jaw up, I turned to Craigslist.  I'd been scouring Craigslist GreenBay and broadened my search to include surrounding areas.  I hit the jackpot and found a Bernina in Silver Lake. about an hour south of Milwaukee.  And since we were headed there for Brody's 4th birthday party, the timing was perfect.  I knew Justin had been paying attention when I heard him referring to the Bernina as the "Rolls Royce of sewing machines" when he was talking to Erich.  After a pleasant drive, and the new treasure tucked safely in the trunk, it was time for a birthday party! 








The Trump balloon flew over London mocking our leader.  Next he meets with Putin.  I can only shake my head ... and pray he will keep his mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment